Plot No. 5J, Kamatchi Amman Avenue Phase I,
Near Temple City, Velingapatarai, Kanchipuram 631 502
2000-2021 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram.
Associate Professor in Biochemistry
- Ninteen Years Teaching Experience
- Both UG and PG classes Handled
- Projects and Comprehensive viva guided for PG students
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Chemistry of Biomolecules
- Nutritional Biochemistry
2002-2005 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram.
NSS Programme Officer
- Orientation course attended
- Three Special Camps conducted
- Orientation course conducted for volunteers
2004-2021 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram.
Teaching Faculty for Environmental Studies
- Five day workshop attended at Academic Staff College, University of Madras
- Classes handled for all UG students
- Field visit arranged
2003-2020 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram.
Teaching Faculty for Bioinformatics
- 260 Students trained in Advanced Diploma in Bioinformatic course
- More than hundred projects guided
- Promoted as Co-ordinator for Bioinformatic course from 2009
1. 2008-2013 - University of Madras, Chennai.
- Cancer Biology
-Thesis Titled - "Expression of Osteopontin-D in Breast Cancer Patients: Identification of a new osteopontin splice variant"
2. 2003-2004 Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Thirunelveli.
M. Phil (Life Science)
- First Class (67.7%)
- "INVITRO STUDIES OF A PROTEASE OF Shigella flexneri A VIRULANT FACTOR" - Project carried out in Madras University
3. 1998-2000 University of Madras, Chennai.
M. Sc (Biochemistry)
- First Class with Distinction (84.6%)
-Effect of anti-obese Drug OB 200 against obesityProject title.
4. 1993-1996 Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur, Kanchipuram.
B. Sc (Biochemistry)
- First Class with Distinction (82.8%)
- Best outgoing student award received
5. 2004-2005 Bioinformatic Institue of India (BII), Pune.
Postgraduate Diploma in Bio-Informatics (PGDBI)
- First Class with "A" grade (72.5%)
- One year course
6. 2004-2005 SSI, Kanchipuram.
Diploma in Advanced Aplications in Programming (DAAP)
- First Class (72%)
- One year course
- HTML, Visual Basic, Java Script, C, C++, MS Office, SQL, Linux, VB script and RDBMS
7. 2007-2008 Nano-science and Technology Consortium (NSTC), Pune.
Certificate Course in Nanoscience (CCNS)
- Sixth Month Course
Higher passed in Both Tamil and English
Lower passed in English
1. ICAR M. Sc., JRF - 1997
2. ICMR JRF - 2001
3. CSIR-UGC-JRF-NET - 2001
1. University of Madras M.Phil guideship Approval Letter No: RP/Guideship/M.Phil/2019/1156 dated 29-07-2019
1. Ten days Orientation course in NSS
2. Five days training for Teaching methodology in Environmental studies
3. Ten days Hands on training for Bioinformatics
4. Five days Short term course on Total Quality Management
5. Twenty one days Refresher course on Nanoscience
6. Google power searching course completed
7. Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on ICT Tools & Techniques for Teaching, Learning process & Institutes during 13-17 Jan 2020 at Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur - 631 561.
1. Bioinformatics: Databases and Programming Languages (ISBN 978-9380479-19-4)
2. Bioinformatics: Sequence analysis and Drug Designing (ISBN 978-9380479-18-7)
3. Childhood Asthma: Antioxidant Diagnosis and Management (ISBN 978-3-8454-3096-6)
4. Physiology of Cell (ISBN 978-3-8454-4057-6)
5. Principles of Aanalytical Chemistry (ISBN 978-9381992-97-5)
6. Plant Biohemistry (ISBN 978-93-85640-31-5)
7. Biological Databases and Bioinformatics Programming (ISBN 978-81-928157-4-9)
8. Biological Sequence Analyses and Computer Aided Drug Designing (ISBN 978-81-928157-5-6)
9. Biochemistry - Text Book for XI Standard
10. Biochemistry - Text Book for XII Standard
11. Computational Aspects of Bioinformatics (ISBN 978-81-928157-7-0)
12. Principles and Applications of Computer Aided Drug Designing (ISBN 978-81-928157-8-7)
DATABASE SEQUENCE PUBLISHED:
1. Cucumis sativus ascorbate peroxidase-like gene,partial sequence (HM053977.1)
2. Momordica charantia ascorbate peroxidase-like gene, partial sequence (HM053978.1)
3. Bacillus subtilis strain AL2 alkaline lipase-like gene, complete sequence (HM053975.1)
4. Bacillus subtilis strain AL2 16S ribosomal RNA gene, partial sequence (HM053974.1)
5. Nucleotide sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-C mRNA, partial cds (HQ874460.1)
6. Nucleotide sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-D mRNA, partial cds (HQ874461.1)
7. Nucleotide sequence of Homo sapiens matrix metalloproteinase-9 mRNA, partial cds (HQ874462.1)
8. Nucleotide sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-D mRNA, complete cds (JF412666.1)
9. Nucleotide sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-C mRNA, complete cds (JF412667.1)
10. Nucleotide sequence of Homo sapiens TNF receptor-associated protein 1, partial cds (JX481354.1)
11. Nucleotide sequence of Cucumis sativus ascorbate peroxidase gene, complete cds (KC839995.1)
12. Nucleotide sequence of Momordica charantia ascorbate peroxidase gene, complete cds (KC839996.1)
13. Protein sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-C, 61aa (AEA49027.1)
14. Protein sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-D, 47aa (AEA49028.1)
15. Protein sequence of Homo sapiens matrix metalloproteinase-9, 13 aa (AEA49029.1)
16. Protein sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-D, 292aa (AEA49030.1)
17. Protein sequence of Homo sapiens osteopontin-C, 287aa (AEA49031.1)
18. Protein sequence of Homo sapiens TNF receptor-associated protein 1, 676 aa (AFS69159.1)
19. Protein sequence of Cucumis sativus ascorbate peroxidase, 249 aa (AGJ72850.1)
20. Protein sequence of Momordica charantia ascorbate peroxidase, 249 aa (AGJ72851.1)
JOURNAL ARTICLES PUBLISHED:
1. Bitter Gourd (Momordica Charantia) Peroxidase in decolorization of dyes from tannery effluent, Recent Research in Science and Technology, 2010, 2(2), 49-53. (Indexed in Chemical Abstracts, DOAJ and Google scholar)
2. Studies on Biochemical changes in Mangoes due to artificial Ripening, Int. J. Agri. Sci. (IJAS), (ISSN: 0976-450X), 1(4), 347-355, 2010. (Impact Factor: 3.29).
3. Enzymatic and Non-Enzymatic anti-Oxidant status of Breast Cancer patients in Tamilnadu - International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences (IJPBS) (ISSN: 0975-6299), 2(4), B46-B53, 2011. (Impact Factor: 2.598 and H-Index: 6.0).
4. Histopathology of breast cancer patients in Tamilnadu: Tumor grading and staging through NPI - Journal of Pharmacy Research (JPR) (ISSN: 0974-6943), 4(10), 3635-3637, 2011. (Impact Factor: 2.667).
5. Mineral status of female breast cancer patients in Tamilnadu, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJRPS) (ISSN: 0975-7538), 3(4), 618-621, 2012 (IC Value: 5.44 and H-Index: 7.0).
6. Molecular Mechanism of Interaction between Human Sweet Taste Receptors and Antidiabetic agents of Gymnema Sylvestre through Docking StudiesInternational Journal of Research in Phytochemistry and Pharmacology (IJRPP) (ISSN: 2231-010X), 2(4), 164-170, 2012 (IC Value: 5.09).
7. In silico identification of novel polynucleotide vaccine target across avian flu viral vaccine strains, International Journal of Current Biotechnology (IJCB) (ISSN: 2321-8371), 1(1), 1-4, 2013 (IC Value: 4.74 and Indexed in Google scholar).
8. Biochemical evaluation of urine and serum sample of patients with nephrolithiasis in Pondicherry, International Journal of Applied Biochemistry (IJAB) (ISSN: 2349-5421), 1(1), 5-10, 2013 (Indexed in DRIJ and Google scholar).
9. Tertiary structure prediction and identification of druggable pocket in the cancer biomarker - Osteopontin-c, Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders (J Diabetes Metab Disord.) (ISSN: 2251-6581), 13(1):13, 2014 (Indexed in PubMed, Scopus and Google scholar).
10. Mitochondrial Reprogramming Regulates Breast Cancer Progression. Clinical Cancer Research (Clin Cancer Res) (Print ISSN: 1078-0432; Online ISSN: 1557-3265), Feb 17. pii: clincanres.2456.2015, 2016 doi:10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-15-2456 (Impact factor: 8.722; H-index - 233)(UGC CARE A journal no: 1950).
11. Analysis of EWAG-BBD pathway prediction system for the identification of malathion degrading microbes. Bioinformation (Print ISSN: 0973-8894; Online ISSN: 0973-2063), 13(3):73-77, 2017 (IC Value: 5.28; H-index : 18; and Indexed in Google scholar)(UGC-CARE List Group A).
12. Identification of New Inhibitor against Mycobacterium tuberculosis using Structure Based Drug Designing and Docking Studies. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry (Print ISSN: 0975-2331; Online ISSN: 0975-4385), 9(3):173-176, 2017.
13. Identification of new snake venom zinc Metalloproteinase inhibitor using docking studies from Plectanthus amboinicus. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences [AJPSci] (Print ISSN: 2231-5640; Online ISSN: 2231-5659), 7(3):132-134, 2017.
14.Efficacy of Graviola fruit pulp in Human Health Care Management- A narrative review International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews [IJRAR] (Print ISSN: 2349-5138 Online ISSN: 2348 - 1269), 5(4):598u-602u, 2018. (UGC journal no: 43602). DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.10538.06085.
15. Cancer Testis Antigen Promotes Triple Negative Breast Cancer Metastasis and is Traceable in the Circulating Extracellular Vesicles. Nature Sci Rep. 2019 Aug 12;9(1):11632. Doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-48064-w (Impact factor - 4.525; H-index - 149)(UGC-CARE List Group A: 8334).
AWARDS AND PRIZES RECEIVED:
1. First Prize won in International level technical symposium - Crosslinx10
2. Faculty Award - 2010 for services at Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur
3. Best Teacher Award - 2012 for teaching at Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur.
4. Best Performer Award - 2017 for Additional Controller of Examination at Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur.
1. Parkin reduces Alpha-synuclein phosphorylation in Parkinson's Disease - Neucell'11
2. "New therapeutic strategies for diabetes mellitus" was presented in National Conference on "Diabetes and its Implications" - 2012
3. "Biotreatment of Tannery Industrial Effluent using Momordica Charantia - Phytoremediation" was presented in National Symposium on "Entrepreneurship Development for Life sciences ED Bioz'13" - 2013.
4. "Overview of occurrence, symptoms and prevention of breast cancer" was presented in two day National Seminar cum Conference on "Applications of green technologies for separation bioproducts" which was organized by Department of Biotechnology, Sree Sasta Institute of Engineering and Technology, Chembarabakam, Chennai - 600 123 was held at Chennai during 02nd and 03rd September, 2015.
5. "Identification of novel drug against chickengunya virus through in-silico approach" was presented in one day National Conference on "Unravelling Biometabolites with Bioactivity (NCUBB’19)" which was organized by Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Bishop Heber College (Autonomous), Tiruchirappalli, was held at Trichy on 25th February, 2019.
6. "Determination of potential target and drug for influenza through molecular docking studies" in two days National Seminar on "Industry Academia Connect and Design Exhibit (IACDE-2020)" which was organized by Department of Bioscience, Rathinam College of Arts and Science (Autonomous), Coimbatore, was held at Coimbatore on 8th and 9th January, 2020.
PARTICIPATION IN ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEES:
1. Served as the Member of Biochemistry subject of XI and XII for the preparation of syllabus for Higher Secondary Classes by State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chennai 600 006 during 2012-2013.
2. Served as the Member of Biochemistry subject of XI and XII for the preparation of Text Book for Higher Secondary Classes by State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chennai 600 006 during 2013-2014.
3. Served as the Doctoral Committee member for Research Scholar Mr.S. Magesh, in Department of Biomedical Science, Bharathidasan University, Trichy - 620 024.
4. Academic Council member of University of Madras from 15.02.2017 to 14.02.2020 from the letter no V1/AC-TEACH/01-2017/087 dated 14th Feb 2017.
1. Editorial Board member as Associate Editor for the journal "Bhamathi - Microbiology News Letter" (ISSN: 2231-136X) Volume -2, Issue-1, January-July 2012 onwards.
2. Editorial Board member as Associate Editor for the Proceedings "Proceedings of Elixir-2012" (ISBN:978-93-81992-03-6) published by Research and Seminar Committee, Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur during 10th and 11th October 2012.
3. Editorial Board member as Executive Editor for the journal "International Journal of Current Biotechnology" (ISSN: 2321-8371) Volume -1, Issue-1, March 2013 onwards.
4. Editorial Board member as Section and Layout Editor for the journal "Asian Journal of English and Linguistics (AJEL)" Volume -1, Issue-1, June 2013 onwards.
5. Editorial Board member as Chief Editor for the journal "International Journal of Applied Biochemistry (IJAB)" (ISSN: 2349-5421) Volume -1, Issue-1, December 2013.
6. Editorial Board member as Executive Editor for the journal "International Journal of Comprehensive Nursing (IJCN)" (ISSN: 2349-5413) Volume -1, Issue-1, June, 2014.
ROLE OF EXAMINER:
1. Served as Question Paper Setter for Bharathidasan University, Thiruvalluvar University, SRM University, St. Joseph College of Arts and Science (Autonomous) and DKM College for Women.
2. Served as Answer Sheet Evaluator for Madras University, Bharathidasan University, Ethiraj College for Women (Autonomous) and St. Joseph College of Arts and Science (Autonomous).
3. Served as Practical Examiner for Madras University, Ethiraj College for Women (Autonomous) and Bharathidasan University.
4. Served as Additional to Chief Superintendent and Assistant Chief Examiner for Madras University Theory Examinations.
5. Served as Chief Invigilators for TNPSC Examinations from 2007- 2014.
PARTICIPATION IN ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEES AT COLLEGE LEVEL:
Research, Teaching and Reading Books
1. Prof. S. Niranjali Devaraj,
Former Head and Professor,
Department of Biochemistry,
University of Madras,
Chennai - 600 025.
2. Dr. K. R. Venkatesan,
Sri Sankara Arts and Science College,
Enathur, Kanchipuram - 631 561.
3. Dr. K. Sathiyamoorthy,
Former Associate Professor,
Department of Bio-Medical Science,
School of Basic Medical Science,
Thiruchirappalli - 620 024.