M.Sc. and PG Diploma :
1. Graduates in any discipline of science, including mathematics/engineering or medicine are eligible to study M.Sc. Bioinformatics. The Amrita School of Applied Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Clappana, Kollam, phone: 0476-2896318, offers an M.Sc. Bioinformatics course.
2. The Mar Athanasius College for Advanced Studies, Thiruvalla, (affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam) (Phone: 0469 2733534, 2603332, website: http://www.macfast.org/ or http://www.macfast.org/mcabb/Diploma.html ) conducts an M.Sc. Bioinformatics course. Entry qualification is a degree with minimum 55 per cent aggregate marks in biochemistry, biophysics, zoology, biotechnology, botany/plant biology and plant biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, computer application (BCA), electronics, environmental science, mathematics, microbiology, physics, statistics, medicine and B.Pharm.
3. Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam, (Phone: 0485 2822326, 2822512, http://www.macollege.org/) affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, offers a two-year M.Sc. Bioinformatics course on a self-financing basis. It is an interdisciplinary course, covering biological, computer and information sciences to facilitate biological research, particularly in genomics and drug research. Selection is based on merit in the qualifying examination, entrance test and interview.
4. The SRM Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed University), West Mambalam, (firstname.lastname@example.org) offers M.Sc. Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
5. The School of Life Sciences under the University of Madras conducts M.Sc. Bio-informatics courses on the Guindy campus on a self-financing basis.
6. The university of Pune also offers an M.Sc. Bioinformatics course (www.mkcl.ws/pupg) Phone: +91 20 25675475, 25676713.
7. The Centre for Information Sciences and Technology, under the University of Mysore, (Phone: 0821 2415836, 2415389) conducts a one-year PG Diploma in Bioinformatics for graduates.
8. Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram 608 002. Provides M.Sc Bioinformatics in Distance Education.
9. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi and Kharagpur also provides M.Sc Bioinformatics. Website : http://www.iitd.ac.in/ or http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/ .
10. Institute of Cheminformatics Studies, C-56A/28, Sector - 62Noida - 201301, UP(INDIA), Tel : 0120 - 4320801/02 , Mob: 09312355740 E-mail: email@example.com , Mobile: 09312355740 Website : www.cheminformaticscentre.org For 24 hour helpline call on - 09312355740 -offers a Post Graduate Diploma course of one year duration in Cheminformatics.
Advanced Diploma :
1. The Bio-informatics Centre, School of Biotechnology, under the Maduari Kamaraj University offers a one-year advanced diploma course in Bioinformatics. First class M.Sc. degree holders in Physical/Mathematics/Life Sciences/Computer Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Computer Science), M.Tech. or MBBS recognised degree holders are eligible for admission. Selection is based on an all-India entrance examination and interview. Chennai and Madurai will be the test centres. Students who have qualified GATE/NET have an additional advantage. For more details visit http://www.mkuniversity.org/ or http://www.biotechmku.org./
2. The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) established by the Government of Karnataka in association with ICICI, conducts a Postgraduate Diploma course in Bioinformatics. Total seats: 40. Entry qualification is a recognised bachelors or master's degree in any branch of science or engineering with 55 per cent marks. Duration of the course is 18 months (3 Semesters). Selection is though objective type written test to be held at Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata. For more details visit http://www.ibab.ac.in./ Address: The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology, International Technology Park, White Field Road, Bangalore - 560 066, Phone: +91 (80) 2841 0029 2841 2769.
3. School of Information Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - Advanced (Post Graduate) Diploma in Bioinformatics. Eligibility: master's Degree in any branch of biological science/physical science/chemical science, mathematics, statistics or computer science with 55 per cent marks.
4. University of Hyderabad, P.O. Central University, Hyderabad - 500 046 (http://www.uohyd.ernet.in/ ) Advanced P.G Diploma Course (Post M.Sc.) in Bioinformatics (2 semesters). Pondicherry University, R.V. Nagar, Pondicherry - 605 014 (http://www.pondiuni.org/ ) Advanced P.G. Diploma in Bioinformatics.
5. University of Pune, (http://www.mkcl.ws/) Advanced Diploma in Bioinformatics
6. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - 641 046, offers a regular course in M.Sc. Bioinformatics (http://www.b-u.ac.in/ or http://www.bharathiaruniv.org/) .
7. The School of Distance Education of Bharathiar University offers M.Sc. and a one-year PG Diploma courses in Bio-informatics in the distance education mode. Graduates in life sciences/chemical sciences/physical sciences are eligible for admission.
8. DOEACC Society, an autonomous body of the Department of Information Technology, Government of India, (http://www.doeacc.org.in/) has launched courses in Bioinformatics. Graduates are eligible to get one-year training in the Bioinformatics `A' Level course. Training facilities are available at the DOEACC centre in Kozhikode. hose who successfully complete the master's degree course or obtain higher qualifications in bioinformatics have good job opportunities in private sector companies in the bioinformatics/ biotechnology/pharmaceutical/research and development areas.
9. Centre for Bioinformatics in Sri Sankara Arts and Science College, Enathur provides Advanced Diploma in Bioinformatics for its' students and It also act as centre for carrying out projects for M.Sc and M.Phil students of Distance Education.
10. Bioinformatic Institute of India (BII), C56 A-28, Sector 62 Noida ( U.P ) 201 301 INDIA Ph No. 0120-5320801/02, 9312355740(M) Web: www.bii.in - offers a corespondence course on one year Industry Program in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Informatics, Clinical Trial and Clinical Research, Pharma Regulatory Affairs, Biotechnology. Institute is also offering various online Program through www.biionline.org or www.bioinformaticcentre.org
Back to Home